knit & felted bangle with beads
If you can knit an i-cord you can make this very simple knitted and felted bangle by adding a few pretty beads to accent your design.
- Candy Fairy favorited Knitted Felted Bangles With Lampwork Beads 16 Jan 11:03
- Kathy S. favorited Knitted Felted Bangles With Lampwork Beads 09 Jul 01:58
- BlauPiepmatz favorited Knitted Felted Bangles With Lampwork Beads 05 Dec 01:02
- Janice F. entered her project Knitted Felted Bangles With Lampwork Beads to Beads Unlimited Contest 12 Dec 16:07
- Janice F. entered her project Knitted Felted Bangles With Lampwork Beads to The Ultimate DIY Competition 04 Sep 21:57
Knit an i-cord using 3 or 4 stitches in a yarn that is suitable for felting (100% wool). Make the section approximately 8 inches to allow for shrinkage when felting.
Place the i-cord into a closed pillowcase (zipped or tied) along with a pair of jeans needed for friction in the washer. Set the wash for a small setting and on hot...wash twice but do not rinse or drain. The action of the wash felts the yarn. A double wash cycle is usually necessary for felting. Repeat the process if needed then remove and blot the i-cord and set aside to dry.
When dry measure (and cut if necessary) the cord to the proper length to go around your wrist making sure to leave enough room for your desired beads.
Take a 6" piece of jewelry wire and make a J shape at one end. Hook the wire through the end of the i-cord and secure. String your beads onto the wire then hook the second end of wire to the other end of the i-cord. Hide the ends of the wire by winding around the beads.