knitted beanie for my boyfriend (:
I found that this beanie looked good both ways so i guess it's reversible! My boyfriend loved it and so do I (:
This fits a 20-23 inch head
Ok, so my abbreviations are
K1 = Knit one
K2 = Knit two
K2TOG = Knit two together
The amount of time it takes depends on your knitting skill. I'm not a very experienced knitter so it took me quite some time!
- jeanette added Knitted Beanie! to Knitting 04 Dec 03:47
- elysha.jardine added Knitted Beanie! to Things to do 23 Sep 12:57
- Hannah R. favorited Knitted Beanie! 11 Aug 03:22
- Chelsea g. added Knitted Beanie! to knitting 09 Jul 03:58
- Lisa K. favorited Knitted Beanie! 29 May 00:58
- Melody M. favorited Knitted Beanie! 04 Apr 07:42
- Pearly:3 favorited Knitted Beanie! 26 Jan 17:15
- christina.bradshaw.180 added Knitted Beanie! to Knitting 26 Nov 07:19
- thatdorkychick favorited Knitted Beanie! 22 Oct 22:44
- Sydney W. favorited Knitted Beanie! 13 Aug 15:54
Pick out your choice of yarn and 10 US 16 inch circular needles. I just used a simple navy colored yarn
cast on about 75 stitches then place your marker at the beginning of the stitches to remember where the beginning and end of a row is. Join sides.
I did a K2 P1 pattern for about 8 or 9 rows, then just K for the following rows until the hat was 5.5 inches from the cast on edge.
I began to decrease by doing K2, K2TOG for about seven rows.
For four rows I did K1, K2TOG.
For the remaining stitches I did K2TOG for as many rows as needed, which shouldn't be many.
I ended up having an odd number of stitches at the end of my final row (three extra stitches)so i just K3TOG.
Cut extra yarn off the final stitch and knit into work.