Sometimes you’ve just got to embrace those domestic chores that could easily get you down – so add a bit of cheer to your kitchen towels with these brightly embroidered cooking utensils. Plain or simple striped tea towels work best for this project
Running stitch, back stitch, stem stitch, French knot
- Pam added Kitchen Sink Drama to Curious Kitchen 08 Nov 21:14
- Pam favorited Kitchen Sink Drama 14 Aug 02:13
- OverlordSayo favorited Kitchen Sink Drama 24 Aug 23:03
- nigella l. commented on Kitchen Sink Drama 18 May 16:29
- nigella l. favorited Kitchen Sink Drama 18 May 16:28
- New Holland Publishers published her project Kitchen Sink Drama 12 Mar 12:09
Work the whisk handle in stem stitch using three strands of turquoise embroidery thread. Work the whisk in running stitch using three strands of dark grey embroidery thread.
Work the handle of the slotted spoon in stem stitch using three strands of crimson embroidery thread. Work the hole in the handle in back stitch using the same thread. Work the outline of the slotted spoon in stem stitch using three strands of purple embroidery thread. Using the same thread, work French knots to represent the spoon holes.
Work the outline of the serving fork in back stitch using three strands of leaf green embroidery thread. Using the same thread, work the hole in back stitch.
This motif would also look great on a fabric serving mat, a curtain for a kitchen, or an apron.