Rather than relying on your memory when it comes time to do your grocery list, wouldn't it be easier to have already written down what you need?
I like having a chalkboard in the kitchen to easily keep track of the things I run out of. If I don't write something down when I think of it, I never remember what it was later on.
Chalkboards are so popular right now, as is "chalkboard art" with fancy writing and decorative elements. I decided what better thing to make a chalkboard out of for the kitchen than a clipboard? It can be hung on the wall, is compact in size, can be decorative, and the clip works to hold coupons you might have!
- Xx13.CrowsxX added Kitchen Chalkboard Made From Clipboard to Idea 09 Jun 01:50
- Julie added Kitchen Chalkboard Made From Clipboard to Downton Abbey Kitchen 05 May 20:25
- Katie T. favorited Kitchen Chalkboard Made From Clipboard 01 May 04:33
- isis.nallely favorited Kitchen Chalkboard Made From Clipboard 31 Jan 03:45
- Jenna Joy favorited Kitchen Chalkboard Made From Clipboard 05 Jan 23:37
- tom./ commented on Kitchen Chalkboard Made From Clipboard 26 Nov 11:34
- andersonandgrant replied to a comment on her project Kitchen Chalkboard Made From Clipboard 26 Nov 03:00
- Cristina L. commented on Kitchen Chalkboard Made From Clipboard 24 Nov 00:21
- Nava J. favorited Kitchen Chalkboard Made From Clipboard 28 Oct 16:10
- Tamra T. favorited Kitchen Chalkboard Made From Clipboard 28 Oct 08:57
If you have purchased a new one, stain around the edges and back of the clipboard. You'll be distressing the board in a later step and it looks nice having the darker wood showing through.
Rub some clear candle wax around the edges that you stained...anywhere that you want the chalkboard paint to distress later on. Whatever is applied over the wax will easily chip away.
Using a white Sharpie paint pen, write on "Remember to Buy" or whatever you would like printed on your clipboard. I also drew a line down the sides and along the bottom.
It may be helpful to first sketch out what you want to write. Then use white carbon paper to trace the design on. All you'll need to do now is write over the tracing with the paint pen.
When you are done writing, take a fine grit piece of sandpaper and sand along the edges of the clipboard to give the whole piece a slightly worn and distressed look.