A cute little purse sewn to look like the Kit-Cat clock
I made this little bag as my entry for the Kit-Cat Clock competition. The actual bag pattern is super simple, but the front piece detail was completely hand-stitched, so it took a while to do all of the numbers on the clock face. But I think it was worth it! I used some very cheap black fabric that I found in the bargain box of our local fabric store which cost me about R7 (under $1). The flap has press-stud closures and the little pouch is the perfect size for your phone and maybe for some lipgloss. :) This is a really cute bag that isn't TOO difficult to make.
If there's enough interest, I'll turn this into a proper how-to. :) Let me know if you want the full instructions!
- Pattern.jpg 100 KB [ Download ]
- Pattern_001.jpg 152 KB [ Download ]
- Pattern_002.jpg 132 KB [ Download ]
- Pattern_003.jpg 120 KB [ Download ]
- Pattern_004.jpg 120 KB [ Download ]
- Barbara M. favorited Kit Cat Clock Purse 23 Jan 09:58
- Alecia B. favorited Kit Cat Clock Purse 01 Jul 06:25
- mmotse03 favorited Kit Cat Clock Purse 23 Aug 16:59
- Cassie D. favorited Kit Cat Clock Purse 21 Jan 15:10
- bemeself favorited Kit Cat Clock Purse 14 Dec 20:19
- Joanna C. favorited Kit Cat Clock Purse 16 Mar 00:59
- CrazyCatCouple favorited Kit Cat Clock Purse 17 Dec 06:27
- missgigglesz87 favorited Kit Cat Clock Purse 30 Jul 01:54
- CrazyCatCouple added Kit Cat Clock Purse to sewing for all! 28 May 20:25
- Millie H. added Kit Cat Clock Purse to cool ideas 25 Mar 22:01
Start by cutting out your pattern pieces.
Make two copies of the head. Attach A to A on the head and front and on the other head and back. These pieces will form your front and back pattern pieces.
From black fabric:
From white felt:
1 Mouth (1)
From black felt:
1 Mouth (2)