Kimono top, loose top, easy sewing
- Key West Witch favorited Kimono Top 28 Sep 13:17
- Kaitlynn L. favorited Kimono Top 28 Feb 03:30
- Tamara D. added Kimono Top to Sew Tops 03 Sep 21:40
- spychohead added Kimono Top to refashion 10 Oct 23:12
- Rachel B. favorited Kimono Top 17 Aug 21:48
- autumn rose l. favorited Kimono Top 10 Aug 02:45
- Suzi T. favorited Kimono Top 05 Apr 11:06
- kim g. favorited Kimono Top 28 Mar 13:18
- Aurelie L. added Kimono Top to Haut/Blouse 13 Mar 14:05
- Velouria S. favorited Kimono Top 09 Mar 22:04
1. There are two patterns you need. One is a back bodice pattern from Tara pattern from Burdastyle (www.burdastyle.com), and the other is rectangles. For size small, I use 10″×25″ rectangles. You would need two bodice, and two rectangles. Cut out the fabric. You need about one yard of stretch knit fabric.
2. Sew bodice. Put bodice together, and sew side seems. I like to finish up with french seams, but if you want to serge, that would be find too.
Hem the bottom as well.
3. Sew the rectangles. On one side, add lace if you’d like. For the other side, I usually ruffle the edge to add feminine feel of it. You can make many different variation of this!
4. Connect the rectangles to the bodice.
Take the 10″ long side of the rectangles, and sew it to the upper hem part of the bodice. Make sure to leave about an inch and a half as an allowance, so you can use the allowance to make a loop for an elastic to go through. Make sure that the right side of the fabrics are facing each other. Sew both front and back of the clothes.
6. Cut the elastic band in the length of your under bust. Using bodkin, put the elastic band into the loop. and you’re done!