Quick and simple apron for kids
- Inger Marie K. favorited Kids Apron On Point Tutorial 18 Mar 03:58
- Missi M. added Kids Apron On Point Tutorial to Kids - Fun 17 Dec 16:36
- Emma K. favorited Kids Apron On Point Tutorial 15 Aug 04:51
- Peggals <3 favorited Kids Apron On Point Tutorial 09 Aug 06:42
- Joyce M. favorited Kids Apron On Point Tutorial 09 Aug 00:01
- nikkie b. favorited Kids Apron On Point Tutorial 07 Aug 22:30
- Gabrielle W. favorited Kids Apron On Point Tutorial 31 Jul 20:53
- susie commented on Kids Apron On Point Tutorial 28 Jul 09:32
- susie favorited Kids Apron On Point Tutorial 28 Jul 09:31
- dippydiscoball added Kids Apron On Point Tutorial to To-make list 27 Jul 14:30
2 half yard pieces of co-ordinating fabrics
2 big buttons
1 square 16X16 inches. This is going to be the center of the apron.
2 strips: 1 is going to be 3 X 16 and the other is 3 X 18 1/2 inches.
1 big square 18 1/2 X 18 1/2 square for the back.
neck strap: 2 strips 1 and 1/2 inch X 18 long.
pocket: 2 6 inch squares. one front and one back fabric.
tie strips: 4 strips 3 X 18 inches
Cut 4 strips –3 X 18 (you could make this longer if you would like).
layer 2 of the strips right sides together. At the end of the strap fold over one corner to meet the side. Press this to get a crease line. Then sew down each side and at the end stitch on the pressed line. This will give you a cute pointed end on the strap.
Sew all the way around leaving a gap to turn. Make sure you don’t sew those strap ends into the edge!!
Trim the points, and turn it. Poke the points out and iron it. Make sure you iron the turning hole also. This will get sewn closed in the next step.
Sew all the way around the apron 1/8 of an inch from the edge. This will keep the apron straight when you wash it plus it will close the turning hole. If you would like you can do an second stitch 1/4 inch inside of that one for a double stitch. Cute.
The neck strap. Take your 2 strips for the neck- lay right sides together and sew around both edges and one end. Trim your corners and turn right sides out. Iron it flat. Tuck the one unfinished edge inside the strap and iron down. Then sew across the opening.
The strap ends are then pinned to the top of the apron, just below the flap. Sew a little rectangle to get that strength at the ends. Repeat for the other side, making sure you don’t twist it!