The best of key lime pie, in a cupcake!
For the cupcakes
Adapted from Martha Stewart's Glazed Lemon Cakes (Makes 24)
- Emo Chick favorited Key Lime Cupcakes 28 May 19:00
- rouge s. added Key Lime Cupcakes to Food 27 Nov 03:19
- rouge s. favorited Key Lime Cupcakes 25 Nov 18:29
- Kaiulani W. favorited Key Lime Cupcakes 10 Jul 02:00
- Melissa G. added Key Lime Cupcakes to food 16 Jun 04:35
- Ella Light added Key Lime Cupcakes to Baking 04 Apr 13:05
- Jasinta M. added Key Lime Cupcakes to Sweet Tooth 30 Mar 13:47
- B. B. favorited Key Lime Cupcakes 05 Mar 18:22
- Ella Light added Key Lime Cupcakes to To-make list 26 Jan 11:12
- jessica.boulanger.10 added Key Lime Cupcakes to foods 26 Jan 00:12
You Will Need
Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 12-cup tin with cupcake papers.
In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, vanilla, and zest and juice. Set aside.
With an electric mixer, cream butter and granulated sugar until light. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two additions of yogurt mixture.
Divide evenly among cupcake cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cake comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in tin, then cool completely on a rack.
Whip the cream cheese and butter together with an electric mixer. Add the other ingredients, and mix slowly, then faster, until combined. Scrape into a piping bag fitted with the tip of your choice, and pipe. I find it helps to put the piping bag into a tall drinking glass when scraping the frosting.
Frost the cupcakes. Crush the graham crackers, then sprinkle over the frosted tops for garnish.