An adorable way to make your childs art last forever
I decided I would do a really awesome DIY that you can do at any age. The nice thing about this DIY is you can either use a piece of your own old artwork, as I did, or if you're doing this with your child they can draw something special for dad right then and there! So let's get started.
- Sarah K. favorited Keepsake Keychain 12 Aug 06:13
- lisa r. added Keepsake Keychain to paper crafts 04 Oct 00:02
- theDIYdiary replied to a comment on her project Keepsake Keychain 28 Sep 13:05
- Katzilla commented on Keepsake Keychain 28 Sep 06:23
- theDIYdiary published her project Keepsake Keychain 11 Jun 22:33
Place a sheet down on your surface. Clay can often stain surfaces so this is a good step to ensure that doesn't happen.
Work the clay in your hands. Using a rolling pin, or wine bottle as I did, flatten the clay. You can do this with your hands as well, but a pin saves time.
Once your clay is flattened, lay your artwork over the clay. Take your pencil and begin to poke small holes tracing your art. Try to stay away from doing anything too thin. This can cause the clay to be very fragile.