Quick and easy way to resize a shirt AND look cool... Yaaay!
So I finally found a cool jack Skellington T-shirt on a market in Rome. Bought it for 10 bucks without trying it on. It was size S, looked fitting and I just HAD to buy it.
When I tried it on at home, I nearly couldn't breathe in it...
I remembered the Kat von D way to revamp a shirt trashion style, took a pair of scissors and started praying...
- Allblack9119 favorited Kat Von D Style Shirt 13 Mar 07:29
- Katie E. favorited Kat Von D Style Shirt 04 Apr 10:05
- sosweetsosexy favorited Kat Von D Style Shirt 06 Aug 06:38
- Steph. favorited Kat Von D Style Shirt 16 Jun 17:52
- Steph. commented on Kat Von D Style Shirt 16 Jun 17:52
- Crafterella added Kat Von D Style Shirt to Kat Von D 30 May 16:54
- EJ W. favorited Kat Von D Style Shirt 12 May 09:19
- Joanna C. added Kat Von D Style Shirt to Clothing DIY 16 Mar 04:34
- C.Rami favorited Kat Von D Style Shirt 08 Mar 20:36
- rockinrubysalonandmassage favorited Kat Von D Style Shirt 01 Feb 19:13
Flip the whole thing over, mark the middle line with chalk or something similar and draw straight, equal lines to the sides. Decide on how long and thick you want those, it's totally up to your taste.
That's where you are going to cut. Another quick prayer of panic might be necessary.
You might wanna experiment on an old shirt first?!?
Make the hell sure you only cut the back of the shirt and let the front unharmed
Kat seems to stop before the neck seam, but I like to cut through and let the upper strands hang down. Otherwise, if you're heavily changing the size of the shirt, it might look kinda weird.
Now that you've got the back all messed up, you can decide weather to leave the straps as they are and start knotting ( that's ok if you want the shirt to be smaller than before ), or if you wanna pull them so they form nice, round strings which is perfect for making the shirt bigger cause you're gaining length.
Get someone to fit the shirt onto your body. Making this yourself might get a desaster cause you just can't see your back and you might get confused with all those dangling strings.
I made my mother do it, telling her where to pull tight and not to, plus I asked her to take two strings from every side for each knot. Go wild, use 1, 2, 3, 4 at a time.
Make final adjustments as needed, snip off the access strings if preferred, get dressed and go get the compliments you deserve.
Before, take pictures and show me. :D
Of course these look best without a bra, but there are girls who just can't get out without wearing one. :(
I went clubbing in this one and all the girls were like WHOOOOAOMGWHEREDIDYOUGETTHIS??? :D
Really cute shirt! I should do this with some of mine...my hubby likes the deconstructed look.
i wanna try this. now i just need an oversized tee....
this is awesome