Recycle a juice bottle into a watering can
This tutorial will show you how to do turn an empty plastic juice bottle into a watering can. The idea came to me during a very hot and humid day planting seeds on my landing.
- Sarah S. added Juice Bottle Watering Can to Cheap things to try 19 Jan 05:49
- Hester A. favorited Juice Bottle Watering Can 16 Jan 22:41
- Ashleigh A. favorited Juice Bottle Watering Can 21 Dec 17:26
- Dinosaur-96 favorited Juice Bottle Watering Can 21 Jul 06:52
- Ichigo M. favorited Juice Bottle Watering Can 20 Jul 05:46
- Pace.Amore.SiRide favorited Juice Bottle Watering Can 13 Jul 16:47
First, you will need an empty, rinsed out plastic bottle, such as a juice bottle.
Using a drill and small drill bit, drill a few holes into the lid of the bottle.
Tips: Work on a surface that you do not mind getting drill marks on, like an old phone book or scrap wood. (For illustrative purposes, I have the cap on a concrete surface, but I do not recommend doing this because you risk damaging your bit.)
Your lid should look something like this. The number and size of your holes will determine how much flow you will get from your bottle. But also keep in mind that a great benefit of using a plastic bottle is that you can squeeze it, and this will also control the flow and pressure of your water.
I don't recommend holes that are too bit (will drown your plants) or too small (too much effort to get the water out).
I used a 3/32" sized bit.