Stud jewelry & bag revamp made from an old belt.
I've had this old (falling apart) stud belt in my closet forever...i still thought it was too nice to throw away. :)
So i thought i could use it to make my own jewelry & revamp accessories!
- ladonnagaga favorited Jewelry From Old Belt! 26 Jan 17:30
- Elentine favorited Jewelry From Old Belt! 17 Jan 00:45
- Krissy F. commented on Jewelry From Old Belt! 27 Nov 07:51
- nina.eriksen.90834 added Jewelry From Old Belt! to To-make 24 Jun 13:11
- nina.eriksen.90834 favorited Jewelry From Old Belt! 24 Jun 13:11
- George S. favorited Jewelry From Old Belt! 12 May 03:30
- Sheri O. favorited Jewelry From Old Belt! 27 Feb 16:07
- elarablair favorited Jewelry From Old Belt! 23 Feb 17:15
- sara k. favorited Jewelry From Old Belt! 12 Jan 16:59
- Alex Poser added Jewelry From Old Belt! to Accessories 11 Jan 19:00
1) If your belt is faux-leather, old, or as junky as mine (like falling apart)...glue the sides of each strip (where u cut) a little also. Or it will just come apart again.
2) If you think the exposed glue is too shiny or distracting, I just colored over it with a black permanent marker. :) You cant even tell! You could cover it with ribbon or fabric too, i guess.
YOU CAN MAKE OR DECORATE ANYTHING!
(I would have made more but i ran out of belt :P)
Decorate shelves, mirrors, boxes, etc.
You could also use snap-buttons (instead of glueing), & make things like chokers.
Or use jumprings & chains to decorate a plain black belt for goth jewelry.
I'm even going to re-use leftover studs to decorate my Chuck Taylor shoes!