Mind your step lest you intend to get wet
Jenny Greenteeth is a character in English folklore, basically a bogey man of sorts. Its one of those grim tales told to children to keep them in line, most notably, to keep them from wandering near ponds or lakes. Most ponds have weeds growing in them and the trouble with that is they tend to have floating mats of vegetation that appear to b solid ground, subsequently children drowned in the weeds. By inventing folklore about a woman in the water or perhaps this mat of vegetation being personified as a woman, it became a way to keep kids away from the water where they may drown. I sort of envisioned her as a zombie or at the very least smeared in algae.
I molded a head and one arm for this after dusting the mold with talcum powder. I pushed a sculpting tool into the eyes to create sockets and with the same tool I pushed the clay away from around her eyes and mouth to simulate decay. I cut the lower jaw off and propped the head up by adding the hair, I did this to create the effect of her surfacing from the water.
- Jenna C. added Jenny Greenteef to Polymer Clay 14 Sep 23:48
- AlterEgo Designs favorited Jenny Greenteef 30 Dec 06:21
- Amanda B. favorited Jenny Greenteef 13 Oct 23:13
- Zombie Babe added Jenny Greenteef to All Hallow's Eve 03 Oct 08:42
- Sarah K. favorited Jenny Greenteef 10 Jan 13:00
- Bofoofer favorited Jenny Greenteef 15 Dec 20:08
- ArteinterrogantE favorited Jenny Greenteef 29 Nov 15:57
- Queen of the Sidhe favorited Jenny Greenteef 27 Nov 22:49
- gloria z. favorited Jenny Greenteef 03 Nov 17:45
- Azraels Requiem replied to a comment on his project Jenny Greenteef 14 Oct 22:05
Azraels Requiem posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!