Jack Skellington, carved from cheddar cheese
I had to carve a cheese for a summer camp banquet. (Because carved cheese is a standard feast item, right?) I was basically a dishwasher, but the cook decided that I am artistic, and told me to do it, with no further instruction. The theme was 'holidays' and I didn't feel like doing something boring, so I did this.
All I can say is keep the cheese cold enough that it doesn't go bad, so if you don't want to sit in a fridge, only carve for short periods. And the block of cheese wasn't very large, so the eyebrows were mostly built-up, rather than carved down. Cheddar is fairly forgiving, but it does mostly rely on carving, rather than molding like clay.
So far, this is the only cheese carving I have ever done, but it was so easy that I hope to do it again soon. I just preferred having my supplies already at hand.
- Thaty F. favorited Jack Cheese 25 Aug 18:03
- tzfashionista favorited Jack Cheese 26 Jan 13:03
- AllThingsDoggy1 favorited Jack Cheese 18 Oct 07:38
- SteamAlyce favorited Jack Cheese 11 Jul 03:22
- KMOM14 favorited Jack Cheese 22 Jun 22:12
- Willow Bon-Bon favorited Jack Cheese 22 Jun 19:25
- Jessica favorited Jack Cheese 22 Jun 15:35
- harmonardus entered her project Jack Cheese to The Deli Garage 22 Jun 03:13
harmonardus posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!