A delicious soda bread recipe in honor or Saint Patrick's Day!
This bread has a hard crisp outer shell and a dense moist interior and is best served piping hot from the oven slathered in butter and honey. I made it in a cast iron skillet, and there was no sticking or off flavor. This is quickly becoming one of my new favorite bread recipes as it's so easy to make and doesn't require any special equipment.
- Aimee W. favorited Irish Soda Bread 15 Mar 14:20
- Sierra H. favorited Irish Soda Bread 18 Mar 01:47
- Emma H. favorited Irish Soda Bread 15 Apr 13:41
- Stesnyashka16 added Irish Soda Bread to Recipes 27 Mar 11:31
- Stesnyashka16 added Irish Soda Bread to To-make list 24 Mar 09:07
- heather r. added Irish Soda Bread to Food Items to make 24 Mar 04:05
- Katy favorited Irish Soda Bread 23 Mar 23:40
- Suzi T. favorited Irish Soda Bread 19 Mar 14:14
- ale_corason favorited Irish Soda Bread 19 Mar 07:47
- TheYearlingBlog published her project Irish Soda Bread 18 Mar 17:14
Turn dough out on to your floured surface. Clean your hands, dry them thoroughly, and dust them with flour. Lightly knead dough a few times, until it’s a rounded loaf-like shape. Pat it down into a round, 2″-thick disc. Transfer to baking sheet. With a serrated knife, cut a deep X across the bread. Prick each area a few times with the knife.