No more falling out
I have always had trouble trying to keep my iPod touch 4th generation in my pockets when I try to run and I hate those store bought arm bands that strap them to your arm. So, I decided create a hidden pocket to store my iPod where it won't fall out!
NOTE* simple shorts are better to use for this so you have easy access to the waistband seam. I would not suggest Nike shorts or anything really fancy.
- Lara L. favorited Invisible Exercise Pocket 28 Feb 15:22
- Pimke added Invisible Exercise Pocket to Upcycling 26 Jan 13:35
- pandanomz added Invisible Exercise Pocket to my list 07 Sep 02:59
- Cris Figue favorited Invisible Exercise Pocket 02 Aug 16:14
- Roughwaters44 favorited Invisible Exercise Pocket 06 Jul 08:22
- Nina H. added Invisible Exercise Pocket to To Do list 13 May 21:18
- Melissa G. favorited Invisible Exercise Pocket 09 Feb 23:09
- Kays K. favorited Invisible Exercise Pocket 09 Feb 07:16
- Biscuit crumb favorited Invisible Exercise Pocket 04 Feb 16:10
- Anna J. favorited Invisible Exercise Pocket 02 Feb 21:03
CUT THE POUCH. Using your scrap fabric (I used some old T-shirt scraps) cut out a rectangle that has a horizontal measurement that is twice as wide as your music player and a vertical measurement the same height. Now add 1/4" seam allowance all around. My measurements came out to about 5 3/4" by 4 1/2". then cut it out.
SEW THE POUCH. fold the rectangle in half and wrap it around your music player to make sure that it fits. Then sew along the bottom and up the one side. DO NOT SEW THE TOP
FIND WHERE YOU WANT TO PLACE IT. Put our shorts on or guesstimate where you want the pocket to go. I put mine in between the pocked that was already in my shorts and the center, about to the left of my right hip bone. You might want to place a few pins to make sure it stays where you want it
ATTACH TO THE SHORTS. In order to hide the sewing, you will want to sew it to the serged seam allowance connecting the waistband to the shorts part. Some pants don't have this, so I suggest you find one that does. Fold the waistband down to overlap the shorts and expose the seam allowance. Place your pouch where you want it and sew it to the seam allowance making sure you are only sewing ONE layer and only from side seam to side seam of the pouch. Otherwise you will close your pouch. I suggest a zigzag stitch or if you are doing this by hand, a blanket stitch.
PUT YOUR SHORTS ON AND GO EXERCISE TO MUSIC