You can wear it both ways!!!!!
so this is the same as 'Trial Run-Lady Now And Then', its just a tutorial of how to make an inside out dress :)
apologies for my atrocious spelling haha
- Miss Captain Cosplay favorited Inside Out Dress 20 Sep 04:43
- Amber W. added Inside Out Dress to Jurkjes 25 Jan 21:24
- Allison C. favorited Inside Out Dress 14 Jan 20:30
- Katy M. favorited Inside Out Dress 27 Oct 02:59
- Sam W. favorited Inside Out Dress 26 Aug 04:36
- Becky W. favorited Inside Out Dress 16 Aug 14:31
- Abbey B. favorited Inside Out Dress 15 Jul 09:24
- Barjaa B. added Inside Out Dress to DIYS 28 Jun 18:21
- Julia V. added Inside Out Dress to Sewing 22 Apr 22:39
- Claire M. favorited Inside Out Dress 21 Mar 21:49
I used part of 2 different Simplicity patterns for this. For the bodice I used Simplicity pattern 7057 and for the skirt I used Simplicity pattern 2413. luckily enough these two patterns fitted together almost perfectly, which made it alot easier :)
Now, when you cut your patterns out, cut what the pattern says, but do it twice, once on each fabric.
Sew all your bodice pieces together, but don't sew the two different colours together just yet. Cut one skirt piece from each colour in half right down the center (we do this because in one pattern the zip goes down the side, but in the other it goes down the back)
Sew your skirt pieces together, one of each of your halves on either side of the whole piece and sew them to the waistband. The pattern I used had pleats in the skirt so when pinning the skirt to the waistband I had to fold the pleats in, which proved to be tricky..
Now sew your bodice to the waistband. This should fit almost perfectly :D
You should now have two 'almost' dresses
Here comes the tricky bit..
Line up the two dresses RIGHT SIDES FACING! pin along the top of the bodice making sure its lined up properly as you go. ONLY SEW THE TOPS OF THE STRAPS IF YOU WANT THEM TO LOOK LIKE MINE. Sew along this and turn out the right way.
So you do that and sew it, then repeat for the other side.
Now sew the back seam down the rest of the skirt, but do the two parts seperatley.
Put the dress on and pin where you want the bottom hem to be. cut it
hem the bottom of the dress..
VIOLA! you're done :D <3