Everything Goes with Ice Cream
- emmabota73 favorited Ice Cream Roll Up Cake 28 Oct 04:43
- Flo Di favorited Ice Cream Roll Up Cake 03 Sep 00:27
- bkind2me08501 favorited Ice Cream Roll Up Cake 19 Apr 16:05
- x_niccadee added Ice Cream Roll Up Cake to make this 16 Apr 17:07
- flor.delgadorizzi favorited Ice Cream Roll Up Cake 04 Apr 00:34
- midnighthime666 favorited Ice Cream Roll Up Cake 08 Mar 04:40
- lin d. favorited Ice Cream Roll Up Cake 14 Feb 05:31
- C.Rami favorited Ice Cream Roll Up Cake 09 Feb 21:09
- Kay B. favorited Ice Cream Roll Up Cake 05 Feb 18:59
- jade.owen.338 added Ice Cream Roll Up Cake to Other food 05 Feb 09:04
You Will Need
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 9" x 13" jellyroll pan or deep cookie
sheet and line with parchment paper. Grease parchment paper.
In large bowl, beat eggs until light in colour, about 5 minutes.
Slowly mix sugar and oil into beaten eggs. Add buttermilk, vanilla
extract, and cider vinegar.
Add drops of rose food colouring until desired shade is achieved.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to liquid ingredients
in batches, mixing well after each batch, until all is well-combined.
Pour batter into greased pan, making sure batter covers entire pan.
Bake 12–15 minutes. Check often so it does not over-bake. Cake is
done when it springs back when pressed with fingers.
While cake is baking, lightly cover large cotton tea towel with icing
sugar. Rub icing sugar into towel so it is completely covered.
When cake is done, turn it out onto sugar-covered tea towel;
cake should flip right out when quickly turned upside down. Peel
off parchment and immediately roll tightly into the tea towel,
beginning at the narrow end. Place rolled cake on wire rack
seam-side down and let cool completely.
Strawberry Ice Cream Filling
Once Cake is completely cooled, unroll. It’s OK if it
curls a bit; don’t want to fight with it, as it can tear
Gently fold fresh strawberries into ice cream.
Working quickly, spread ice cream mixture gently
over entire cake. Once complete, start rolling cake
up tightly, starting with the same end rolled up first
Cover with plastic wrap, and return to freezer until
frozen solid, or overnight.
To serve, remove plastic wrap and slice with serrated
knife. Garnish with sliced strawberries and whipped
cream; serve immediately.
Roll-Up Cake with Butter Cream Frosting
Make cake according to instructions, but fill with a
butter-cream icing instead of ice cream. To change the
look, add any colour of food colouring to the batter