Faithful, dependable, and never needs walking … what could be nicer?
Humphrey is entirely hand-stitched and has a cute button nose.
He’s a great easy make for beginners or to make for sale as he shouldn’t take an experienced maker more than a couple of hours in total.
- Key West Witch added Humphrey The Hound Dog to Sewing 29 Jun 14:48
- Key West Witch favorited Humphrey The Hound Dog 29 Jun 14:48
- Brittney S. added Humphrey The Hound Dog to Plush 07 Jul 05:57
- Elena B. added Humphrey The Hound Dog to dog plushies 27 Dec 20:59
- Elena B. favorited Humphrey The Hound Dog 27 Dec 20:59
- Stacy R. favorited Humphrey The Hound Dog 08 Mar 03:51
- jeanetteedwardswasthomas favorited Humphrey The Hound Dog 03 Mar 06:47
- Karrie Wallace favorited Humphrey The Hound Dog 05 May 14:02
- Brittney S. added Humphrey The Hound Dog to To-make list 26 Apr 05:02
- Moira A. favorited Humphrey The Hound Dog 21 Mar 16:59
You Will Need
Resize templates included in the download to make the Humphrey of your choice. Cut all pieces as shown on templates.
Stitch gussets to main body pieces around legs and belly
Join main pieces together along top from nose to tail tip.
Join gussets leaving a 3” gap for stuffing.
Stuff and close gap.
Join inner and outer ears, then stitch to dog using the photograph as a guide.
Sew on beads for eyes using strong thread and pulling fairly tightly to form little hollows around the eyes. I have marked the eye position on the templates, but it’s always a good idea to try out with glass-headed pins first to make sure you’re happy wit h the
Sew on button for nose with and make a few tiny French knots in dark brown or black for whiskers.
Add claws in dark brown thread. FINISHED!!