Adds a professional finish to your project.
I love using heavy top stitching thread. If you've never tried it before have a go, here's how you do it...
- KiyoeLunet favorited How To Sew With Top Stitch Thread 05 Jun 08:06
- Tristin C. favorited How To Sew With Top Stitch Thread 15 Sep 21:23
- Alissa B. favorited How To Sew With Top Stitch Thread 31 Jul 09:19
- PottyPendleton commented on How To Sew With Top Stitch Thread 15 Jul 20:15
- Co-Goth Frack favorited How To Sew With Top Stitch Thread 13 Jul 07:01
- dalekordancer favorited How To Sew With Top Stitch Thread 11 Jul 04:24
Pick out your thread colour, I use Gutermann top stitch thread. You also need some regular thread for the bobbin. The bobbin colour depends on the project, I generally use a contrast top stitching thread with a bobbin thread that matches the background of my fabric. By doing this the stitches are more prominent.
First change over your machine needle, to avoid any disasters make sure the new one is on nice and tight.
Thread the top of the machine with the top stitch thread and put regular thread on the bobbin.
Reduce the pressure right down on the sewing foot, how much will depend on your fabric and machine so you may need to do a bit of experimentation.
Adjust the stitch length to suit, for the canvas bag shown I used a density of 7 stitches per inch....and off you go.