Bleaching your hair that wont damage it much.
Hey, again. I'm here for another project. :)
So, I had brown hair, as you can see. I liked it, but I wanted blonde hair. I had researched it for a year. One month before I was planning on bleaching it, I was preparing me hair. :)
Also, I AM NOT A HAIR DRESSER, I HAVE NOT BEEN LICENSED. FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY!
I don't have pictures, because I have already bleached it. :)
- Maribel B. commented on How To Safely Bleach Your Hair! 16 Dec 10:37
- Sassy M. favorited How To Safely Bleach Your Hair! 27 Jun 01:51
- Rikki L. favorited How To Safely Bleach Your Hair! 07 Oct 14:06
- vodkaamermaidd added How To Safely Bleach Your Hair! to Marina Diamandis 12 Aug 18:48
- Jeanne favorited How To Safely Bleach Your Hair! 10 Nov 21:12
- aleksandraxoxoxo replied to a comment on her project How To Safely Bleach Your Hair! 08 Oct 23:54
- Alina N. favorited How To Safely Bleach Your Hair! 15 Jul 03:37
One month before you plan on bleaching your hair, start preparing your hair!
1) Start using a leave in conditioner everyday on the lower part of your hair.
2) Deep condition your hair once a week.
One week before you plan on bleaching your hair, stop washing your hair. I know it is gross. Stop one week to 3 days before you are going to bleach your hair.
Now, we are bleaching. Buy whatever bleach and developer you are using. I used 30 volume from Salon Care and Salon Care Prism Lites bleaching powder. I suggest using a on-off scalp bleach, unless you are bleaching your ends which then it wont matter.
I don't suggest 40 volume. It may cause breakage.
Follow the instructions.
Mix the amount of bleach and developer. If you have longer hair or thicker hair, I suggest doubling the recipe. It is better to make too little, then too much.
Apply it to your hair.
Wait the amount of time.
I do not suggest going over 60 minuets. Keeping it on that long will ruin your hair, and may cause breakage.
After your wait time, wash it out. Shampoo and Conditioner.
Add leave in conditioner.
Wait a couple days or a week to repeat this process. I waited 3 days, in which I did not wash my hair in the time. The bleach did very little damage to my hair.
After you are all finished bleaching, you can dye or tone your hair. I dyed my hair with a golden hair dye. :)
Please note: I am not a hair dresser. I only know from my experience from dying and bleaching my hair.