Ready-made edible decorations make baking creative sweets easy and fun. Learn step-by-step how to make cherry and strawberry candy decorations.
Having edible decorations ready at my fingertips makes planning my own creative sweets easy and fun. When Halloween came around I made sure to have plenty of candy eyeballs and candy spiders on hand, and now that fruit-themed treats are popular I am making lots of strawberry and cherry candy decorations.
- IDreamOfArizona favorited How To Make Easy Fruit Candy Decorations 14 May 13:46
- Izzy and Emma's Channel xxx favorited How To Make Easy Fruit Candy Decorations 15 Dec 10:47
- Shantelle t. added How To Make Easy Fruit Candy Decorations to food!! 08 Dec 13:15
- Kepi favorited How To Make Easy Fruit Candy Decorations 07 Dec 22:21
- beccadeccas favorited How To Make Easy Fruit Candy Decorations 04 Dec 22:37
- Rachel D. favorited How To Make Easy Fruit Candy Decorations 21 Nov 13:05
- Anna J. favorited How To Make Easy Fruit Candy Decorations 24 Aug 20:31
- OH! Its the Domo :3 favorited How To Make Easy Fruit Candy Decorations 24 Aug 17:09
- DocDoolittle favorited How To Make Easy Fruit Candy Decorations 09 Aug 11:58
- Shari J. favorited How To Make Easy Fruit Candy Decorations 08 Aug 20:12
Begin by shaping your red Starbursts into balls for your cherry candy decorations. To make the candy pliable, slightly heat it up in the microwave. If you overheat the candy, it will be too hot and liquidy to work with. I suggest heating each piece of candy for just 5 to 10 seconds on 50% power. After removing the candy from the microwave (and making sure it’s not too hot to touch), rip each piece in half and use your hands to roll them into balls. Let the candy completely cool before moving on to the next step.
Prepare two bowls: one with a small mixture of half water and half meringue powder completely blended and one with a small amount red disco dust. Roll each Starburst ball into the meringue powder and then into the disco dust until it is coated. Set your sparkly cherries aside to completely dry.
Prepare your green shoe string candy by using a sharp knife to slice it into thin stem-shaped pieces.
Use a toothpick to poke a hole in the top of each cherry candy. Fill the hole with red decorating icing, either by putting a blob of icing on a toothpick or by attaching a small decorating tip to the end of the icing tube. While the icing is still wet, insert a cherry stem into the hole. Set your sparkly cherry candy decorations aside to dry completely. The hardened icing will hold the stem in place.
Turn your green flower sprinkles into strawberry stems by using a knife to cut off two petals from each sprinkle. Then, use a dab of red decorating icing to attach each stem to the top of a strawberry Runt candy. Paint seeds onto each strawberry using white gel food coloring and a small food safe paint brush.
Set your strawberry candy decorations aside to dry completely before adding them to any of your baked goodies.