How to create bokeh in your images
Bokeh is becoming popular, this is a tutorial for anyone who is wanting to know how to make it.
- Sveta favorited How To Make Bokeh 20 Oct 00:14
- Molly W. favorited How To Make Bokeh 25 Mar 18:57
- Kay B. favorited How To Make Bokeh 16 Feb 17:03
- arina m. favorited How To Make Bokeh 08 Jan 22:57
- peskypeanut favorited How To Make Bokeh 08 Jan 00:20
- Heather H. favorited How To Make Bokeh 19 Dec 14:57
- nikki gigglensniffbear favorited How To Make Bokeh 12 Nov 19:22
- Kelly K. favorited How To Make Bokeh 05 Nov 15:08
- Merel B. favorited How To Make Bokeh 17 Oct 17:26
- zoë added How To Make Bokeh to good to know 09 Oct 14:15
For all the photos in this tutorial I will be using the 50mm f/1.8 lens (for DSLR's), there are other lenses that do the same thing, but this is the cheapest lens you will find as this cost me between $130AUD - $150AUD
But if you have a point and shoot camera which allows you to use manual settings or focus you can try that as well.
The photo on the left is a net of christmas lights, which is what i used to create the bokeh, and the photo on the right is what happened when i played with the manual focus, blurred the image and took the photo.
To get the black background you take the photo in the dark.
You might need a high ISO, or to use a tripod so your image doesn't blur.
Pyay around with the aperture, i set it to 1.8 to get the maximum affect.