How to Hand Felt Beautiful Soaps
Easy Step by Step Guide to Making Felted Soap.
Why put fiber on soap, you ask? Because it makes a great scrubby! You can exfoliate and wash your skin at the same time. Felted soaps also make wonderful gifts.
- Jenna L. added How To Hand Felt Soap to Quick 09 Jun 17:41
- Joyce Z. favorited How To Hand Felt Soap 25 Mar 10:16
- shelly.anderson.547 added How To Hand Felt Soap to Fiber Arts 22 Mar 04:13
- shelly.anderson.547 favorited How To Hand Felt Soap 22 Mar 04:12
- Pam ^_^ favorited How To Hand Felt Soap 21 Mar 03:23
- Anna Bean favorited How To Hand Felt Soap 18 Mar 23:27
- Stephanie T. favorited How To Hand Felt Soap 17 Mar 01:29
- LaAlex added How To Hand Felt Soap to Bath and MakeUp 15 Mar 23:04
- LaAlex favorited How To Hand Felt Soap 15 Mar 23:04
- ale_corason favorited How To Hand Felt Soap 15 Mar 21:50
Next, sprinkle the fiber with hot water and gently start rubbing it. Do this all over the soap until the entire surface is thoroughly wet. Check for spots where the soap is showing and add more fiber, if needed.
Now is the time to add any decorations such as stripes of a different color fiber. Wet these and gently work with your hands.
Carefully put the soap in the nylon hose. Sprinkle again with hot water and gently rub the soap all over. Alternate sprinkling with hot and cold water and continue working the fiber. You will feel the fiber begin to firm up. Continue working the soap for about 10 minutes. When you can’t feel any loose fibers on the soap, gently remove the hose. Your fiber should be well felted. If it is not, continue working it as above.