Add pockets to any garment.
In this tutorial, I'll be showing you how to add inseam pockets to a dress, but you can do this with any garment.
- 112346_2F2015-12-05-220232-undefined 10.8 KB [ Download ]
- 112346_2F2015-12-05-221020-undefined 8.23 KB [ Download ]
- 112346_2F2015-12-05-221107-undefined 28.2 KB [ Download ]
- 112346_2F2015-12-05-221235-undefined 2.16 KB [ Download ]
- 112346_2F2015-12-05-221252-undefined 2.16 KB [ Download ]
- Betty M. favorited How To Add Inseam Pockets 08 Jun 11:17
- HylianWriter534 favorited How To Add Inseam Pockets 09 Jun 05:28
- meg B. favorited How To Add Inseam Pockets 11 Mar 21:02
- lleeahs favorited How To Add Inseam Pockets 22 Feb 13:55
- Alissa B. favorited How To Add Inseam Pockets 21 Feb 08:17
- Diana P. published their project How To Add Inseam Pockets 19 Feb 09:00
Place the front and back panels of the dress RST. Align the pockets pieces and pin in place.
Sew the side seam with a 1cm (3/8”) SA.
When you get to the pocket, stitch down past the top, the width of your SA. Put your needle down and pivot the fabric so you can now sew the pocket. When you get done sewing around the pocket, stitch out to the SA on the dress and pivot again. Finish sewing the side seam.
Finish the raw edge of the pockets with an overlocker or a zig zag stitch. Press the side seam open.