How to paint in PhotoShop
- JadeSucksAtLife favorited How I Paint In Photoshop 26 Feb 08:38
- WerewolfCas added How I Paint In Photoshop to Art Tutorials 11 Feb 13:19
- CraftyCat added How I Paint In Photoshop to Draw 18 Oct 06:53
- CraftyCat favorited How I Paint In Photoshop 18 Oct 06:53
- Shawnshawn D. favorited How I Paint In Photoshop 10 Oct 05:50
- Crafterella featured How I Paint In Photoshop 08 Oct 23:00
- Beth E. favorited How I Paint In Photoshop 08 Oct 01:44
- Annyamarttinen published her project How I Paint In Photoshop 02 Oct 09:00
Scan in your drawing! I use an Epson Perfection V550 Photo.
Create a solid layer to fade your original drawing. I like to do this because it allows me to make changes and redraw areas to improve the overall illustration. It also makes me more aware of how my drawing transfers into a digital medium and allows me to see my new digital painting clearer. I select layer>new fill layer>solid colour in the top photoshop menu. Set the opacity of this layer to around 75%
Using photoshop brushes, I fill in blocks of colour before any line work. As for brush presets, I like to use Kyle Webster’s dry media brushes. Choosing colours and seeing the the drawing come to life is my favourite part of the process! It does get fairly tedious though so to keep me engaged I like to listen to Audio books or podcasts.
Now its time to add lines, details and shadows!!! This part is all up to you and your artistic style. Remember to out everything on separate layers incase you want to redo a section of your drawing or move things around. This is my favourite part about working digitally; the ability to make it as you go and change things when they don’t feel right. Enjoy the process and trust your gut!