Clasps join the two ends of a necklace or bracelet securely together, usually at the back or side. You can buy them in all shapes and sizes, but it is handy to be able to make your own. With a bit of practice you'll be able to make them in just a few simple steps.
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Hook Shaped Clasp 19 Jul 03:41
- Rebecca M. favorited Hook Shaped Clasp 14 Jun 15:26
- Jackie G. added Hook Shaped Clasp to Necklaces 09 Jul 16:34
- Kathy J. favorited Hook Shaped Clasp 30 Mar 16:20
- Chudames favorited Hook Shaped Clasp 05 Feb 23:28
- V W. added Hook Shaped Clasp to jewelry 21 Jan 23:47
- Lorrie B. added Hook Shaped Clasp to jewelery 04 Jan 21:44
- Topaze D. favorited Hook Shaped Clasp 27 Dec 09:08
- Alissa B. favorited Hook Shaped Clasp 23 Dec 16:54
- GMC Group published her project Hook Shaped Clasp 09 Oct 23:56
Create a small loop at the end of a length of US 20 gauge (SWG 21, 0.8mm) or US 18 gauge (SWG 19, 1mm) wire. There's no need to centralize the loop; leave it facing to one side. Place the wire into a pair of round-nose pliers with the loop sitting just above the pliers and the wire tail protruding below.