Hook and stitch this headband with spring inspired colors
This simple crochet headband with cross stitched hearts is perfect for spring or any other season that needs some happy colors. It is suitable for almost any adult size head and can be adjusted at the ends of the headband.
sc= single crochet
sc2tog= single crochet two together
stst= standing stitch
Single crochet two together: insert hook in first stitch and draw up loop, insert crochet hook in second stitch and draw up loop, pull yarn through both loops, now the two stitches have become one stitch.
Standing stitch: Make a slip knot onto your hook, insert hook in first stitch and make a single crochet like you normally would.
Cross stitches meet at the corners, so don't leave room between them.
I worked the cross stitches with my yarn held double, for a more denser look, but you can do whatever you like.
- mmotse03 favorited Hook 'n Stitch Hearts Headband 25 Feb 01:25
- iveto favorited Hook 'n Stitch Hearts Headband 26 Oct 17:10
- srslyjc favorited Hook 'n Stitch Hearts Headband 19 Jul 20:34
- B* added Hook 'n Stitch Hearts Headband to Cool stuff! 28 May 15:12
- B* favorited Hook 'n Stitch Hearts Headband 28 May 15:12
- Ievars favorited Hook 'n Stitch Hearts Headband 10 May 09:57
- ale_corason favorited Hook 'n Stitch Hearts Headband 08 May 07:40
- Chudames favorited Hook 'n Stitch Hearts Headband 08 May 02:24
- kurisu published her project Hook 'n Stitch Hearts Headband 05 Apr 10:14
For the crochet part of the headband:
Ch 10 + 1.
1. In second stitch from hook; sc across. (10 sc made), ch 1, turn.
2. Repeat row 1 for 39 more rows, you will have 40 rows of sc in total.
3. sc2tog, sc to last two stitches, sc2tog. (8 stitches left)
4. sc across. (8 stitches)
5. Repeat row 3 (6 stitches left)
6. sc across. (6 stitches)
7. Repeat row 3 (4 stitches left)
8. sc across (4 stitches)
9. Repeat row 8 for 9 more rows. (4 stitches)
10. Repeat row 3 (2 stitches left)
11. Sc the last two stitches together, you are left with one stitch.
12. ch 35 and cut the yarn.
Now you have the first part done. It should look like the picture.