Fast Project from Altered Couture's current Issue
This hoodie scarf is easy, fast and cozy as anything. I found it in Altered Couture on page 50. It was created by Tracy Schultz of Studio Crescendoh. Have fun!
- Melissa G. added Hoodie Winter Scarf to clothing 22 Jun 05:20
- Megan B. entered her project Hoodie Winter Scarf to Sock Dreams 26 Mar 03:58
- Megan B. entered her project Hoodie Winter Scarf to B.A.I.T. Footwear Contest 12 Feb 16:37
- Mimi A. favorited Hoodie Winter Scarf 12 Jan 13:15
- k k favorited Hoodie Winter Scarf 02 Jan 23:38
- Pulchra Luna favorited Hoodie Winter Scarf 30 Dec 18:58
Pick up a cheap hoodie or use one of your own. I recommend sweatshirt material if you need to keep warm. Use a thin "fashion" hoodie if it's just to be stylish.
Start by cutting off the sleeves.
I kept mine for future projects.
Cut up the sides and the back approx 3 inches from the seam of the hood.
I put a yard stick vertically up the outer side of the pocket and cut up the side. Follow this around the back. This should leave you with about an inch on the shoulder and around the back.
Sew bias tape around edges or other embellishments to your hoodie scarf. now rock it!!!