homemade soft pretzels
soft pretzels are so easy to make, meaning you can have this delicious game day favorite at home!
- Emma H. favorited Homemade Soft Pretzels 26 Apr 23:33
- Deborah H. favorited Homemade Soft Pretzels 25 Oct 15:11
- Jose G. added Homemade Soft Pretzels to Baking 16 May 05:03
- Kate S. favorited Homemade Soft Pretzels 02 May 17:24
- Wild A. favorited Homemade Soft Pretzels 30 Apr 02:14
- Rebecca Lea G. favorited Homemade Soft Pretzels 28 Apr 15:30
- Crafterella featured Homemade Soft Pretzels 27 Apr 23:00
- amyistheparty added Homemade Soft Pretzels to carnival party 26 Apr 21:41
- ElizabethJuddTaylor favorited Homemade Soft Pretzels 23 Apr 17:07
- RareJewel favorited Homemade Soft Pretzels 23 Apr 05:33
Add the warm water, sugar, kosher salt, and yeast to the bowl of a stand mixer. Let stand for 5 minutes, or until the yeast begins to foam.
Add the flour and melted butter and mix on low speed until the flour is totally combined. Turn the mixer to medium and knead until the mixture forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the bowl, about 4-5 minutes.
Cover the bowl and let the dough rise in a warm place for about an hour or until it has doubled in size.
After the dough has risen, preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Add the water and baking soda to a large skillet or wide pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
As the water is coming to a boil, shape the pretzels. Divide the dough into 8 even pieces (I weighed mine, and they were about 4.4 ounces each).
Roll a piece of dough into a rope about 24 inches long (I measured, but you can eyeball it). Form the rope into a U shape, then cross them over each other, forming the pretzel shape. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
Drop the pretzels one by one into the boiling water. Boil for 30-40 seconds, then place them on the parchment-lined baking sheets.
Once all the pretzels have been boiled, brush them with the egg wash and sprinkle on your toppings. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the pretzels are dark brown. Let cool a few minutes before serving.