Make your own soda
Super easy and delicious.
- Tiffany G. favorited Homemade Soda 06 Dec 00:47
- Christine P. favorited Homemade Soda 07 Oct 05:30
- Agnes S. favorited Homemade Soda 14 Jun 14:51
- faeriemyst added Homemade Soda to Food To Make 20 Jul 23:50
- rebecca oakes favorited Homemade Soda 05 Oct 20:44
- rebecca oakes added Homemade Soda to make 05 Oct 20:43
- Emily W. favorited Homemade Soda 17 Jul 19:30
Find an empty two-liter bottle. Disinfect the bottle by boiling in hot water.
Add one cup of sugar to the bottom of the bottle (you can change the amount of sugar to taste, but you cannot use a sugar substitute).
Add 1/4 TSP. active dry yeast to the sugar. Put the lid on the bottle and shake.
Add 1 TBSP. of your favorite extract, rootbeer, strawberry, peppermint, whatever you feel will make a delicious soda. (or for ginger ale, 1 1/2 TBSP. grated ginger root and one whole lemon, for cream soda 1 TBSP. of vanilla, for cola one tablespoon of vanilla extract and a 1/2 TSP. of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. of orange or lemon oil--cola variations depend). This measurement can also be adjusted for taste preferences. There are many possibilities so try to experiment :)!!!
Fill the bottle to the neck with distilled water. Swirl ingredients, until fully mixed.
Secure lid on bottle, set at room temperature for 3-4 days. Soda is ready when bottle is hard when squeezed.
Do not drink the last bit of soda because the sediment will be turbid.
This method uses fermentation so there will be a very small alcohol content (like .5%).
Do not leave the bottle in a hot place, it could explode.