Homemade Pumpkin & Apple Muffins
Making your own fresh pumpkin versus using canned will give you an entirely different taste. Fresh pumpkin is light and flavorful and canned is dense with a heavier consistency. Baking your own pumpkin is so easy. The best varieties to buy are sugar, cheese, white, lumina, Cinderella or heirloom pumpkins. Since pumpkin is a squash, some of the top chefs go outside the box and use the sweeter Blue Hubbard Squash which has a richer flavor.
- Kimya J. favorited Homemade Pumpkin & Apple Muffins 22 Apr 00:41
- Crafterella featured Homemade Pumpkin & Apple Muffins 04 Apr 23:00
- RareJewel favorited Homemade Pumpkin & Apple Muffins 02 Apr 06:49
- Elena B. added Homemade Pumpkin & Apple Muffins to recipe desserts 29 Mar 05:57
- Elena B. favorited Homemade Pumpkin & Apple Muffins 29 Mar 05:57
- Joy winter published her project Homemade Pumpkin & Apple Muffins 26 Mar 11:19
You Will Need
1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
2. In a small bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
3. Do not over mix or you will have very tough muffins. Fold in apples gently.
4. Fill paper lined muffin tins 2/3 full.
5. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or the tops have a golden-brown crust.