This is how I made the sauce:
*Saute 1 onion, 5-6 pods of garlic, and half a capsicum in oil till onion turns soft.
*Blend this with 2 large, blanched tomatoes.
*Transfer it back to the pan with some more oil and water. Add salt, pepper and any brand of red pasta sauce powder. Let it bubble and thicken.
- Penny F. added Homemade Pasta From Scratch! to Pastas 13 May 19:21
- D. Samone added Homemade Pasta From Scratch! to Yummmmmmm 31 Mar 12:08
- jayne q. added Homemade Pasta From Scratch! to Food to make 15 Feb 13:02
- Suzi T. favorited Homemade Pasta From Scratch! 11 Feb 20:59
- Jess H. favorited Homemade Pasta From Scratch! 06 Feb 09:05
- MayDream added Homemade Pasta From Scratch! to Food 03 Feb 13:52
- buttercup303 published her project Homemade Pasta From Scratch! 03 Feb 07:30
Take 100 grams of flour + salt to taste, in a bowl. Make a well in the center and break an egg. Beat the egg with a fork and slowly start to incorporate the flour from the edged of the well. Gradually mix all the flour with the egg.
Now use your hands to bring it together into a dough. work it on a floured surface for 7-10 min to get smooth and soft dough. Let it rest, covered in a wet cloth, for 30 min.
Pinch off balls of the dough and roll it out as thin or as thick as you prefer your pasta to be. Now cut out whatever shapes you want and let it dry in open air for 5-6 hrs.
Freeze it in an airtight container or use immediately.