how to make cheap gesso without paying extortionate prices
I came across this gesso recipe when i was searching on information on gesso for my journal work. I made two seperate ones, one with and one without water. I find the one without water better for brushing ontop of glued paper as it gives a good cracking/bubble effect.
- Key West Witch added Home Made Gesso to DIY Craft Supplies 19 Mar 12:04
- Mistress Nora of Madness added Home Made Gesso to why didn't I do this 18 Jul 00:51
- Mistress Nora of Madness favorited Home Made Gesso 18 Jul 00:51
- MischievousRaven entered her project Home Made Gesso to Bug Bingo & DIY Board Games 22 Jan 09:57
- nikkyk favorited Home Made Gesso 10 May 02:44
- pattayonacracker commented on Home Made Gesso 01 Jun 17:10
- pattayonacracker commented on Home Made Gesso 01 Jun 17:09
- MischievousRaven entered her project Home Made Gesso to Pogo Connect 21 May 20:25
- Corvii added Home Made Gesso to To Check Out Later: 13 Feb 12:38
- Irene C. added Home Made Gesso to To-make list 09 Jan 07:43
in a mixing pot, mix together 1 part PVA glue, 3 parts water (optional), 6 parts baby powder and 2 parts emulsion paint.
If you added water then it will be quite runny so add more baby powder to the consistancy you want. Pour into a jar with a screwable lid and voila. Just remember to stir before use.
The gesso does take a while to dry so if you need it done in a hurry then use a hair dryer.