Pumpkin Pasties & Buterbeer
So you’ll be spending a lot of your winter riding the Hogwarts express to and from school (or maybe just the bus!!) and you’ll need some snacks for the journey. How about pumpkin pasties and butter beer?!?
- San added Hogwarts Tasty Treats to Harry Potter 01 May 17:31
- CraftyCat added Hogwarts Tasty Treats to Cooking 17 Jun 18:05
- abigail.ponchillia favorited Hogwarts Tasty Treats 17 Jan 21:37
- Harlee A. favorited Hogwarts Tasty Treats 05 May 20:03
- Ichigo M. added Hogwarts Tasty Treats to Harry Potter 04 Mar 02:53
- gfordiani added Hogwarts Tasty Treats to food 22 Feb 21:07
- Emma S. added Hogwarts Tasty Treats to Food 06 Feb 07:49
- CraftyCat added Hogwarts Tasty Treats to To-make list 02 Feb 05:49
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Hogwarts Tasty Treats 18 Jan 18:59
- Naomi D. favorited Hogwarts Tasty Treats 27 Nov 17:40
Making pastry -
Weigh out the flour and add in the salt and turmeric. Finely chop the pumpkin seeds and add to the dry mix, then add to the margarine.
Rub in the margarine (do this method by rubbing the fat in with the flour using your fingertips) until you have a well-combined crumbly mixture.
Mix into a stiff dough by adding a few drops of water and mixing with a spoon.
Roll into a ball, put in cling film, and place in the fridge whilst you prepare the filling.
Now for the filling:
Peel and dice the sweet potatoes, boil in a pan until soft.
Finely chop onion, fry off with the cumin until soft.
Mash the potatoes, adding coriander, salt and pepper. Stir in spinach and onions.
To make the pasties:
Roll out the pastry, onto a lightly floured surface. Cut out 3-4” circles.
Place onto a baking tray, spoon enough filling to fill the centre of the circle, fold over the pastry and seal the edges by pressing down with a fork.
Brush the top of the pasties with a little milk.
Bake for 20minutes (until golden and crisp) on gas mark 5/175 C (on the middle shelf).
Now for the Butterbeer!!!
To make 1 glass:
Mix 1 desert spoon of butterscotch syrup with a little ginger beer.
Keep adding more ginger beer (stirring continuously) until glass is ¾ full.
Add a scoop of ice cream on top to make a float.
Serve with the pasties and ENJOY!!