How To-sday - Hidden Message Locket
You may have noticed this one a few weeks back when I guest posted on Ucreate! In case you missed it that go-around or didn't click through to Ucreate, here's the full tutorial:
Most of these tools can be purchased for a relatively low start-up cost from Evie's Tool Emporium on Etsy. I've been in touch with Michelle of Evie's, and she says that the stamping tools should be back in stock after New Year's! For the rest, I recommend browsing Etsy and eBay.
- R A. favorited Hidden Message Locket 25 Nov 14:45
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Hidden Message Locket 25 Jul 06:40
- Dee S. favorited Hidden Message Locket 29 Apr 16:45
- Chocolate C. favorited Hidden Message Locket 14 Jun 02:29
- arina m. favorited Hidden Message Locket 27 May 03:54
- Sarah H. favorited Hidden Message Locket 16 Mar 23:13
- Riya K. favorited Hidden Message Locket 26 Apr 12:58
- Fatbarbiee favorited Hidden Message Locket 03 Mar 02:43
- Craffy added Hidden Message Locket to Para hacer <3 02 Feb 21:01
- Craffy favorited Hidden Message Locket 02 Feb 21:01
Place your sterling disc onto the steel bench block. This absorbs the shock of the hammer's blow and allows for a deep, even impression. Be sure that your stamp is right side up, and position it at the bottom center of your disc. Holding the stamp firmly in place, strike it twice very firmly just as you would with a nail. I have heard from people who know far more than I do that it is better for your stamps to use a heavy rubber mallet.
Position your next letter next to the first. You can set the stamp in place and then tilt it back a bit to check the reflection to see where the letter will fall. I like my letters to be fairly widely-space, but you can put them as close or far as you'd like. Repeat until your word or phrase is complete.