Create bold, gold wall art with embossing supplies.
Heat Embossing is typically associated with stamping and card making. For this project, I decided to experiment a little and use embossing powder to create bold wall art instead.
- bob.barker.7 added Heat Embossed Gold Silhouettes to To do 26 Oct 07:09
- Karen D. favorited Heat Embossed Gold Silhouettes 06 Oct 00:50
- Zombie Babe favorited Heat Embossed Gold Silhouettes 19 Sep 05:16
- 02jhseaby added Heat Embossed Gold Silhouettes to Try 14 Sep 19:51
- 02jhseaby favorited Heat Embossed Gold Silhouettes 14 Sep 19:51
- Jennifer H. published her project Heat Embossed Gold Silhouettes 12 Jun 00:33
At this point, you’ll have to be careful not to mess up your silhouette at all. If you touch it, the powder will just fall off. Do make sure to clean up around the edges though. As you can see, mine turned out super messy at first, but I cleaned it up with a cotton swap. It’s a little tedious but worth it because after you apply the heat, all of that stray embossing powder will be stuck there.
Once it’s nice and neat, plug in your heat tool, turn it on and hover it directly over the silhouette. You’ll start to see the powder melt and it will become metallic and pretty. Evenly emboss the silhouette making sure not to spend too much time on one section. The tool heats up to 650 degrees so you don’t want it to burn the surface. Your silhouette will dry pretty quickly (in just a few minutes).