we are all machines.
These are necklaces I made for our attendants at our wedding. I wanted them to be special keepsakes that not only would our friends like, but that they would be able to wear again & again.
They love them! The charms came from a seller on etsy. The heart shapes were empty when I received them, but I decided to use super small (maybe 26 gauge) beading wire to hold some bicone Swarovski crystal beads I had in place to make them a bit more fancy. One 5mm and 2 4mm beads filled up the heart-shaped space almost perfectly.
I said this project was "getting pricey" only because most of the things I make, I use materials I already own, or I find things very cheap. I'm not used to paying full price for all the supplied needed in a project! The pendants were around $4 each, the chain was $5 for 5 feet, and I also had to buy the barrel clasps, jump rings that weren't bright silver (so they'd match better), and more beading wire. But it was worth it to give my lovely ladies gifts they loved so much on my special day =]
//edit: and for those of you who asked, the seller who makes these (and other amazing charms!) can be found here:
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Heart & Gears Necklaces 24 Jul 05:43
- Danielle M. favorited Heart & Gears Necklaces 11 May 06:00
- Cody S. favorited Heart & Gears Necklaces 21 Apr 02:52
- Patty M. favorited Heart & Gears Necklaces 16 May 02:34
- Charlotte H. favorited Heart & Gears Necklaces 29 Jun 11:03
- Sissi favorited Heart & Gears Necklaces 31 May 14:20
- stripes9 favorited Heart & Gears Necklaces 22 May 23:57
- mmm_mac_and_cheese favorited Heart & Gears Necklaces 04 Feb 00:55
- Judy favorited Heart & Gears Necklaces 28 Jan 22:31
- Alex Poser added Heart & Gears Necklaces to Accessories 11 Jan 01:50
ErsatzEpiphany posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!