Apple + super dark, antioxidant-rich chocolate + toasted walnuts = perfect sweet treat. For anytime.
Recipe yields 2 servings.
Project Idea For Kids: These would be super fun to make with kiddos too! You could melt a couple different kinds of chocolate so they have choices, and also let them use other healthy toppings (like other nuts, seeds, coconut flakes, chia seeds, mini chocolate chips, etc.).
- RareJewel favorited Healthy Candy Apple Wedges 20 Jun 06:49
- Writing M. added Healthy Candy Apple Wedges to Summer Party 19 May 13:49
- Sunnie favorited Healthy Candy Apple Wedges 17 Feb 18:44
- Jessica N. favorited Healthy Candy Apple Wedges 31 Jul 19:01
- Toxsixzpoizen favorited Healthy Candy Apple Wedges 19 Jul 09:50
- Nina H. added Healthy Candy Apple Wedges to To Do list 13 May 21:14
- SilverSnake S. favorited Healthy Candy Apple Wedges 12 Apr 20:44
- Angel C. favorited Healthy Candy Apple Wedges 02 Mar 20:21
- DocDoolittle added Healthy Candy Apple Wedges to Food 23 Feb 14:31
- Constance H. favorited Healthy Candy Apple Wedges 23 Feb 12:36
Add the lemon juice or vinegar to a medium bowl and fill the bowl 2/3 full with cold water; set aside for now.
Core and quarter the apples; cut each quarter into 2 wedges so you end up with 8 wedges from each apple. Transfer the apple wedges to the lemon juice/water mixture to soak while you melt the chocolate and prepare the walnuts.
Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave until smooth. Finely chop the walnuts and place them in a small dish.
Line a baking tray with wax paper and have it ready to place the apple wedges on.
Drain the apple wedges, and pat them dry with paper towels. Working with 1 apple wedge at a time, dip it in the chocolate (or drizzle the chocolate on top), and then sprinkle on some walnut. Place the wedge onto the prepared tray. Continue this way until all the apple wedges are coated.
Transfer the tray to the fridge so the chocolate can harden; serve.
I like to serve these within a couple hours of making them to help keep the apples from oxidizing.