Gluten Free Snack – Healthy Amaranth Flour Crackers
Here is my recipe for Amaranth Crackers, a gluten free snack that is full of protein and fiber. Some whole grain crackers have the texture of a cardboard, but not this one! I was surprised at how crumbly and crunchy the crackers turned out! So whether you are an NBA, NFL or NHL fan, these crackers and dip will get you ready for game time! Go Canucks!
- Psychodoll favorited Healthy Amaranth Flour Crackers 12 Jul 21:28
- CraftyCat added Healthy Amaranth Flour Crackers to Cooking 17 Jun 18:13
- CraftyCat favorited Healthy Amaranth Flour Crackers 09 Jun 22:33
- ale_corason favorited Healthy Amaranth Flour Crackers 09 Jun 06:47
- KelliDroze added Healthy Amaranth Flour Crackers to Food 07 Jun 23:14
- FarmonPlate published her project Healthy Amaranth Flour Crackers 01 May 16:45
Heat oven to 350°F.
Mix amaranth flour, baking powder and salt. Rub olive oil and honey to flour mixture. Put mixture in food processor and add water gradually, form dough. Dough shouldn’t be too dry or too sticky – you might need more or less water depending on flour.
Lay parchment paper on the kitchen counter, put the dough in the middle and cover with another sheet of parchment paper on the top. Gently roll the dough to desire thickness. Cut the crackers using cookie cutter or pizza cutter.
Place the crackers on parchment paper lined baking sheet without over crowding. Prick with the fork couple of times on each cracker. Brush the crackers with water and sprinkle with desired toppings like sesame seeds, sliced almonds, shredded coconut, flax seeds, caraway seeds etc.
Bake crackers for 15-20 minutes until golden brown around edges. Let them cool completely. Store in air-tight container.