Display your books with a retro vibe ...
For this TSR (that's our fancy short-hand for "Thrift Store Remake"), we wanted to add a little humor to some inexpensive metal bookends. We looked for an object that has two obvious halves to it and saw a couple of pairs of retro headphones. And, as you can imagine, we kind of flipped out when we came across these yellow ones. How perfect are they?!
We'll admit, it took us a little while to get up the courage to cut the headband in half. We knew that we only had one chance to get it right and we weren't convinced the headphones would stay upright. But much to our amusement, they worked just fine. We spray painted some utilitarian metal book ends a bright contrasting color and then glued the bottoms and headbands to the metal. So keep your eyes peeled for some funky retro headphones and you're half way there to a finished project!
- Andy A. added Headphone Book Ends to Home 05 Feb 13:58
- Penny F. added Headphone Book Ends to decorating ideas 27 Apr 11:00
- Scott I. commented on Headphone Book Ends 20 Mar 05:15
- Andy A. favorited Headphone Book Ends 07 Mar 07:51
- Conner W. favorited Headphone Book Ends 22 Feb 05:00
- Jolanda favorited Headphone Book Ends 15 Feb 21:45
- Kay Bay favorited Headphone Book Ends 12 Feb 12:23
- Little Yellow Couch published her project Headphone Book Ends 20 Nov 23:56
Spray paint a set of utilitarian bookends and allow to dry.
Using metal clippers, cut your headphones in half.
Using crazy glue, glue one half of your headphones at both the bases and headband to each of the bookends. Allow to dry overnight.
Display your favorite reads with you new retro inspired bookends!