beanie hats for beginning crocheters
I crocheted these all in Dec. for gifts! It's an easy pattern that I adapted/invented
- Key West Witch favorited Hats 05 May 05:18
- Jenn M. favorited Hats 01 Dec 23:52
- Tracy G. favorited Hats 11 Nov 13:46
- amyandJodie favorited Hats 26 Apr 21:58
- Alex Poser added Hats to Crochet 13 Mar 19:32
- Alex Poser favorited Hats 13 Mar 19:32
- Sarah S. added Hats to Accessories 06 Jan 04:44
- chichiba favorited Hats 27 Dec 20:53
- suzanne.samuela added Hats to Crochet hats 02 Oct 15:31
- Martha G. favorited Hats 27 Sep 22:37
With an I Sized Hook and regular weight yarn, Chain 3 form into a ring in 1st ch.
then crocheet 8 more DC into first CH.
SS To join with top of original ch 3 (total 9 DCs)
SS into next DC, Chain 3, DC 2 times in each DC from previous round ss to top of chain to join
(total 18 DCs)
repeat last row for a total of 36 DC's
ss to next DC,Chain 3 make 1 DC in each DC from previous round SS to join top of Chain 3 9total 36 DCs)
Cotinue making rounds always ss to next DC and then chaining 3 to start and SS to chain at end of row till hat is long enough.
TO end either do a row of 2SC in ea DC or a row of crab stitch at bottom.
Weave in ends and voila...a hat
* Be careful to make your last row looses enough to stretch over your head that why 2 SC in ea DC Instead of just one, I had to re-do some last rows that got too tight.