Because my winter wardrobe needed a little magic :)
I wanted to make a scarf from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and so my project began...
This was actually my very first knitting project. I'm so happy it turned out great! ^__^
I got the pattern from the site below, but since I'm a noob at this, I made a couple changes to make it easier for me :) I used straight needles instead of circular ones and I stitched the sides together because it was knitted flat, obviously.
Also, this took me about 3 weeks to do. Some of you experienced knitters won't take as much time as me!
My scarf is 75 in x 4 1/2 in. And the thing of yarn I bought for each color was 364 yards and it was acrylic. I bought it at Walmart. I suggest buying Caron Simply Soft yarn instead of the Red Heart brand I used because it's kinda itchy and rough :/
K - knit
P - purl
st(s) - stitch(es)
in - inch/es
- Katelyn T. favorited Harry Potter Ravenclaw Scarf 22 Aug 23:51
- gloomy-smiles favorited Harry Potter Ravenclaw Scarf 06 Oct 08:29
- srslyjc favorited Harry Potter Ravenclaw Scarf 19 Jul 20:17
- jcurtis2010 favorited Harry Potter Ravenclaw Scarf 29 Jun 00:04
- missjojangles added Harry Potter Ravenclaw Scarf to Luna Lovegood Look 07 May 21:28
- Taylor C. added Harry Potter Ravenclaw Scarf to knitting 16 Oct 02:07
- Kmila R. favorited Harry Potter Ravenclaw Scarf 26 Aug 01:39
- l33tingl4dy favorited Harry Potter Ravenclaw Scarf 25 Aug 17:35
- Danielle T. favorited Harry Potter Ravenclaw Scarf 12 Aug 11:43
- sprouseam favorited Harry Potter Ravenclaw Scarf 30 Jun 22:07
Cast on 50 sts using the navy yarn.
We'll be doing the stockinette st.
First start with the k st then p st. Alternate for 20 rows.
(K P K P K P K P K P K P K P K P K P K P)
Once you've done those 20 rows, cut about 6 in of the navy yarn to create a tail. You are going to start the gray stripes.
You should start with a k st. If you're not, you probably haven't done enough stiches or may have done too many.
Alternate k and p rows. Do 4 rows. Your last row should be purled.
(K P K P)
Time to change colors again. Cut 6 in from the gray.
Alternate k and p starting with the k st.
Do 3 rows.
(K P K)
Gray again! Start with the p st. Again alternate for 4 rows!
(P K P K)
Cut 6 in for the tail. And now for navy. Start with a p st and alternate for 25 rows. Your last row should be p sts.
Do steps 2-6 ten times (or until you're happy with the length).
!!!BUT for the tenth time you do step 6, DO ONLY 20 ROWS.
(If you need more clarification, look at the pattern on the site.)
Once you're done with the 20th row (which should be k sts), bind off.