Hard apple cider to warm me and my friends up this winter!
I finally got around to brewing some Discordian-themed hard cider!
I used 5 gallons of Musselman's apple cider, 2 pounds of raw organic cane sugar, and a 5 gram packet of LALVIN yeast.
It only took about a week an a half to ferment, and I allowed it to clarify for just as long. The extra sugar I added allowed for the cider to be somewhat dry with a higher than average alcohol content. Usually, hard cider is on par with beer at 3.2 to 5%.
I used a variety of bottles, mostly just some that I had from the past couple years of buying bottles of wine, and some from the mead I made (and drank) earlier this year. I also used some beer/soda bottles. I topped all of the wine bottles with bronze PVC shrink caps.
Total cost of ingredients was about $40 and yielded about 15 750mL bottles and about 12 355mL bottles. Plus one more 750mL bottle that I had to drink as a test ;)
- Regina K. favorited Hard Cider 04 Feb 06:11
- debby.thomas.7777 added Hard Cider to Interested in making 19 Dec 17:00
- Ravens Trove favorited Hard Cider 18 Dec 16:54
- Monika Gottindottir entered their project Hard Cider to Secret Santa 12 Dec 03:55
- Monika Gottindottir published their project Hard Cider 12 Dec 01:59
Monika Gottindottir posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!