I will not take credit for this. I just felt I must share this genuis idea with Cut Out & Keep fans.
I know some of you still have snow on the ground, but for us Floridians summer is already kicking into high gear. And summer means flip flops.
Yep, we southern girls have 'em for everything: casual wear, evening wear, 'flops with heels, 'flops with big poofy flowers glued on...you name it. They're cheap impulse buys, so it's easy to accumulate a whole mountain of flip-flops in a single season.
But say you don't like the "mountain" storage method. Say you need to get your mound o' 'flops off the floor and into a tidy system, but are limited on space. What then?
Well, how about this?
This was my no-cost solution last year: a left over curtain rod mounted on two shelf brackets, and lots of modified hangers. For the rod you could also use a wooden dowel, piece of PVC pipe, or any other strong bit of metal. To mount it we bent up the tips of two metal shelf brackets and secured the rod with small screws, but you could also use conventional closet rod hangers, which you can find in any hardware store.
Now, the fun part is the actual hangers. Here's how to make them:
- flipflop_hanger_8.jpg 120 KB [ Download ]
- K2 favorited Hanging Flip Flop Tutorial 02 Nov 06:12
- Amber C. favorited Hanging Flip Flop Tutorial 07 Sep 06:50
- Kacie's Crafts favorited Hanging Flip Flop Tutorial 31 Aug 18:30
- shelby.collins.311 added Hanging Flip Flop Tutorial to randomly epic awesomeness 15 Jul 18:21
- Shari B. added Hanging Flip Flop Tutorial to stuff to make my way 17 Jun 12:46
- Shari B. favorited Hanging Flip Flop Tutorial 17 Jun 12:46
- craftgirl14 favorited Hanging Flip Flop Tutorial 04 Jun 20:23
- eFenuska added Hanging Flip Flop Tutorial to Home 09 May 18:35
- eFenuska added Hanging Flip Flop Tutorial to Stuff 09 May 18:35
- eFenuska added Hanging Flip Flop Tutorial to Shoes 09 May 18:34
Make sure your ribbon is snug, so it doesn't fall off the hanger. To secure it you can use fabric or super glue - or, if the glue stains the ribbon like mine did, glue dots also work really well.
Step 6 shows the backside of the hanger. I suggest flipping it over like this to trim off the excess ribbon.