Beauty hanging from your fingers
DIY Body armor was featured recently and she had a link to the site that inspired her: http://www.armorjewelry.com
I went to the site, looked around, and found this beautiful ring: http://www.armorjewelry.com/shop/abee/
I decided to attempt this beautiful idea for cheaper.
I was lucky enough to stumble upon the perfect ring bases. Find these is probably the hardest part of this project. One could also find think ring band bases, and put larger jump rings around the base, and attach the chain to those.
Here's what I did:
- Summer E. favorited Hanging Chain Double Ring 03 Nov 18:22
- Kaya M. added Hanging Chain Double Ring to ring 24 May 12:25
- tina h. favorited Hanging Chain Double Ring 18 Aug 01:46
- Crystal M. favorited Hanging Chain Double Ring 23 Mar 11:40
- AnnaMong favorited Hanging Chain Double Ring 28 Aug 20:04
- Cece K. favorited Hanging Chain Double Ring 08 Jun 09:54
- AnthemFlashback favorited Hanging Chain Double Ring 06 Jun 03:57
- eFenuska added Hanging Chain Double Ring to Jewelry and Accessories 04 May 19:51
- Tara L. favorited Hanging Chain Double Ring 03 Mar 04:18
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Hanging Chain Double Ring 19 Feb 15:16
Use your tiny pliers to open the first chain link. Chains are essentially just a lot of tiny jump rings attached to each other. So use your pliers to open the first link!
Opening and closing the chain links is the hardest part of this project. They are very small. But don't dispair. Do it over a hard black surface to make things easier to see.
Once you've decided the length the chain should be, open the appropriate chain link with your little pliars, remove it from your chain skein, and attach the other side to the other ring.
Repeat as desired! Once I had all 5, I was done, but you can easily add more chain, different types of chain, or even charms.
Wear like a Model!