An easy basic dress :-)
Made a basic gathered skirt, then added a long strip around the waist and fit in a zipper from the top of the waist panel to several inches down the skirt. Put it on a sewing mannequin then used that to gauge the length of material needed to make 2 front 'straps' and a shaped back-piece. Finally i pinned the pieces and used the sewing machine to fix it all together.
p.s. the picture shows the dress with a belt as i made the waist about an inch to large. oops!
- anita.n.g commented on her project Handmade 'Tattoo' Pinafore Dress 05 Jul 10:34
- Ashley V. favorited Handmade 'Tattoo' Pinafore Dress 04 Jul 02:04
- Ashley V. commented on Handmade 'Tattoo' Pinafore Dress 04 Jul 02:00
- tyler t. favorited Handmade 'Tattoo' Pinafore Dress 15 Mar 14:55
- Buttercup favorited Handmade 'Tattoo' Pinafore Dress 23 Aug 00:14
- anita.n.g published her project Handmade 'Tattoo' Pinafore Dress 12 Dec 19:07
anita.n.g posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!
anita.n.g · Rowley Regis, England, GB · 7 projects
Thanks! the tattoo fabric was from Birmingham rag market but I saw some similar on ebay awhile back too. it was a pretty easy one to make, good luck hun!
Ashley V. · Houston, Texas, US
This is super adorable! Love the fabric!! Where'd you get it?!? I going to try to make this. I'm new to sewing and I've made a gathered skirt using a pattern so this should be easy to do