First quilt and it's a doozy! :)
I made this as an intended graduation (actually ended up being Christmas) present. Took lots of time AND it's my first quilt!! Let me know what you think.
- Cindy S. favorited Hand Painted Zelda Themed Quilt 13 Aug 02:04
- Super Fer favorited Hand Painted Zelda Themed Quilt 02 Nov 16:10
- Conner W. added Hand Painted Zelda Themed Quilt to fashion 28 Jun 19:51
- Conner W. favorited Hand Painted Zelda Themed Quilt 27 Jun 15:57
- Natt V commented on Hand Painted Zelda Themed Quilt 19 Mar 19:41
- Natt V favorited Hand Painted Zelda Themed Quilt 19 Mar 19:39
- jolene.flynn favorited Hand Painted Zelda Themed Quilt 18 Oct 08:40
- Tia B. favorited Hand Painted Zelda Themed Quilt 12 Aug 01:46
- fishywilleatchu added Hand Painted Zelda Themed Quilt to Clothes 18 Jun 21:59
- Laura N. favorited Hand Painted Zelda Themed Quilt 31 Jul 13:31
I can't remember how much material I gathered..but the front is yellow and green patterened while the backside is brown fabric.
This was the digital draw out file of the meausurements of my blanket.
The four strips are a border around the center peice.
The 16 yellow/green were 10.5" x 10.5"
I wasn't too picky about staying exactly true to the 60 x 80 final, as mine ended up being 59 by 75. As long as you keep the seams even, it will look good. :)
Trim all your edges of the front piece to make sure it's even all the way around.
Take your back piece and measure the same measurements as the front piece.
Take your batting and do the same as above.
Layer all three pieces as you'd want your final quilt to look.
Now my batting was way thin, but if you have a thicker batting here's an easy no-sew way of making it look puffy!
After all your layers are lined up, start from the back with your needle&yarn, go through the front, then the back.
I can give more help with the knot if you need.
You could even put the fray in the front for a decorative touch!
Now all your layers are attached! Yay!
Time for bias tape!
I bought the double sided pre-made bias tape. Brown to match the back. Since I'm no good at explaining how to do it, and this was my first time using it, here is the link I followed: http://smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-to-sew-bias-tape-tutorial.html
There is even a mini tute in this link showing you how to do corners!
AND YOU'RE DONE!! :)
See main pics for final result!!
Goodluck and happy crafting!