Save the top of those jeans!!!
Many of the bags I make are made from thrifted blue jeans. I usually take the back pockets off, remove the zipper (zippers are expensive), and throw the rest out. What a waste...right!? After a little browsing around the good ol' net, I found a few of these half denim half maxi skirts. I love maxi skirts they're chic, comfy, and most of all modest. I also love denim. So, this project was a lot of fun. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.
Let's get started!!!!
BTW...You can watch the how-to video for this project at http://www.womantoanother.com
- Key West Witch favorited Half & Half Denim Maxi Skirt 20 Aug 23:17
- witterings favorited Half & Half Denim Maxi Skirt 14 May 02:16
- KirbyBella added Half & Half Denim Maxi Skirt to Dresses 03 Oct 07:26
- Susan R. favorited Half & Half Denim Maxi Skirt 30 Aug 01:45
- Deanna C. added Half & Half Denim Maxi Skirt to Want to do 11 Jul 05:49
- MaDonna O. favorited Half & Half Denim Maxi Skirt 10 Jul 02:20
- Modesty Fashions replied to a comment on her project Half & Half Denim Maxi Skirt 01 Jul 22:49
- dippydiscoball favorited Half & Half Denim Maxi Skirt 30 Jun 06:48
- dippydiscoball commented on Half & Half Denim Maxi Skirt 30 Jun 06:47
- KirbyBella added Half & Half Denim Maxi Skirt to To-make list 14 Mar 15:19
Before you start...
I don't have a serger so I usually zigzag stitch, french seam, or flat fell seam my raw edges.
This how-to just gives you the basics for putting the skirt together. Feel free to finish the raw edges of your skirt in any way you're comfy with (^_^)
Try the denim on and measure the length of the skirt from the bottom of the denim down to where you want your skirt to stop. Divide this number by 3. Add 10". Also, add 1/2" for a seam allowance and 1 inch for the hem
We'll call this measurement X
Let's put it all together...
-Place the top tier INSIDE the middle tier with the right sides together. Line the side seams up.
Pin and sew.
Now, place this tube INSIDE the bottom tier, line the side seams up, pin and sew.
You may want to press the whole thing once more to make the seams look neat.
You're all done!!!
If you have any question feel free to message me and I'll get back to you ASAP.
Don't forget to post your version below.
Why are you still reading this? Go make that skirt (^_^)