Cute, Classic Hair Accessory
Hair spirals are a cute, classic hair accessory. Many of you probably remember wearing these in your pigtails when you were a kid! There are about as many ways to make these as there are people to make them.
- Key West Witch favorited Hair Spirals 08 Oct 05:34
- Rebeccah D. favorited Hair Spirals 23 Jun 17:50
- Skyliva favorited Hair Spirals 23 Apr 21:36
- Vidalyn L. favorited Hair Spirals 10 Oct 01:16
- CreativeGirl79 favorited Hair Spirals 13 Apr 01:59
- kara.ansberry favorited Hair Spirals 18 Jan 04:12
- Svetlana C. favorited Hair Spirals 11 Jan 11:39
- keely.mikulenka added Hair Spirals to Crochet Patterns/Designs 10 Jan 23:13
- Biscuit crumb favorited Hair Spirals 07 Dec 22:33
- Jessie D. added Hair Spirals to To Do Yarn Crafts 19 Nov 03:16
STITCH GUIDE: CH - chain, HDC - half double crochet, ST(S) - stitch(es).
NOTE: You can make these longer/shorter and fatter/skinnier... I will include some tips in parentheses as we go to help you customize your spirals. Experiment with them to see what you like best.
OK, here we go. This should take you about 15 minutes...
CH 26 (you can make this longer or shorter if you want, but if you change this number, write it down)
Work 2 HDC (or 3, if 2 doesn't make them curly enough for you) in 2nd CH from hook and in each ST across. (first spiral made)
CH 40 & MARK LAST CHAIN. (make this chain longer if you have thick hair)
CH 26 again (this number should be the same as the first)
Work 2 (or 3) HDC in 2nd CH from hook and in next 24 STS. (just work back to the stitch marker)
Fasten off & weave in ends. Tie your hair spirals in a bow around a pretty ponytail, attach them to a ponytail holder, or even use them as a bookmark! Lots of possibilities!
Final note: You can use Single Crochet or Double Crochet stitches to get thinner or wider spirals. It's your choice.